Fraser Trevor Fraser Trevor Author
Title: FORUM SUBJECT: A good parent self-reflects, and uses this as her basis for nurturing those less mature on their journey toward autonomy.
Author: Fraser Trevor
Rating 5 of 5 Des:
A good parent self-reflects, and uses this as her basis for nurturing those less mature on their journey toward autonomy. A good parent do...
A good parent self-reflects, and uses this as her basis for nurturing those less mature on their journey toward autonomy. A good parent does not exploit others for her own unmet needs, and use her children as the objects for acting out her own unconscious and unresolved childhood traumas. A good parent shares the best of herself freely and willingly, and in so doing builds alliances for all-time, based neither on promises of future back-scratching nor fears of retribution but on love, respect, admiration, and gratitude. A good parent acknowledges that she herself is limited by the buried damages she carries within, but a good parent holds the ideal of full enlightenment as the beacon toward which she grows. And a good parent turns over the reins of power to those she has nurtured when they become wiser and more mature than she. This, and nothing else, is her reward. This weeks Subject for discussion

Advertisement

Post a Comment

Unknown said... Saturday 11 April 2015 at 08:06:00 BST

I was so convinced of my unfitness for parenthood that I made the decision early in life that i would never have my own children. I didn't think I could trust myself with them, being that I was such a mess and, in addition, knowing that my parents had been so unhappy.
In addition, I decided not to get married and have never done so.
My whole life path has been strongly controlled by my perceptions of marriage and parenthood. The latter, in the turn, I suppose were conditioned to some extent by the behaviour of my unhappily-married parents, but I think I have tended to look at myself as twisted and sick by nature rather than blame them for who I am through the nurturing they did or not give.

Fraser Trevor said... Sunday 12 April 2015 at 09:41:00 BST

Enjoying your comments immensely please bear with me as I am always concerned with confidentiality issues and hope we can freely use the Forum.

Fraser Trevor said... Sunday 12 April 2015 at 09:43:00 BST

All issues appear resolved and looking forward to enjoying the Forum

Popular Posts

Pages

InTouch
Update Available
Download It

Popular Posts

 
Top